One of the visions of New Heart is to help Christians personally experience the joy of worshiping God through a celebrative and reverent Praise and Worship Meeting. Most of these meetings are organized with a thematic outline that combines the ministry of music, sharing, and a message. We hope to lead people to experience spiritual revival through expressions of worship such as praising God, desiring His presence, confessing our sins, and recommitting our lives,
New Heart is also committed to host Music Evangelistic Meetings to share the gospel with non-Christians. We use songs and testimonies which focus on God's saving grace and invite people to respond to the love of Christ and the work of the Holy Spirit.
Since 1997, God has given New Heart the opportunity to serve Chinese churches and lead worship at various retreats and conferences in Texas, the U.S., and Canada. Not only have we served churches in cities with large Chinese populations, but we have also served smaller churches and fellowships in different states.
In the year 2000, God opened the door for New Heart to serve in Asia. Since that time, we have traveled extensively to places such as Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, China, and Myanmar. We have had many opportunities to partner with various churches and Christian organizations in spreading the gospel so that people may experience the greatness and glory of God.
In 2003, New Heart began organizing Worship Retreats in the U.S. as well as in other countries. They are an invaluable experience for Christians because it allows us to seek God in a quiet and guided retreat setting. We have witnessed many life changes during these retreats as people learned to listen and wait upon the Lord. We also seek opportunities to serve in Conferences and Sacred Music Camps in order to share our passion for God-centered worship and to train and inspire generations of worshipers.
In 2004, New Heart Music Limited was established in Singapore as our second ministry center in addition to our office in Houston. Through this branch, we are able to serve more churches in Asia by conducting meetings and worship training. We have also had the privilege of visiting Chinese churches in South America and Europe, and we continue to see the growing needs that exist everywhere we journey. At the same time, God has opened our eyes to see His power at work in the lives of many people as we continue serving churches throughout the world.
In the days to come, we hope to press on with the vision of leading people into God's presence through music and to give God all the glory and praise.
New Heart Goals in Worship
We are committed to encourage engagement of the whole person, both intellectually and emotionally in the act of worship.
- We will select and compose music towards accomplishing this goal.
- We will blend traditional hymns and contemporary choruses in a given worship.
- We encourage worshipers to pursue freedom in expression during worship.
- We will develop corporate, celebrative worship without losing its reverence.
- We will develop a smooth flow of worship surrounding one single, unified theme.
- We will balance both instrumental and vocal music in a worship, with the singular purpose of aiding worshipers to seek God's face.
- We will encourage each worshiper to pursue a vibrant personal worship and family worship at home, and to live a holy and obedient life before God.
- We will seek to create a suitable environment for christians and truth seekers, young and old alike, to worship God and dedicate their lives to God.
Goals in Equipping the Church
We hope that our contributions and impact to a church will last beyond the worship concerts. We hope to share our learning experiences with all christians so that they can benefit from them and develop their own style of worship suitable for their own church environment. We believe in sharpening our musical skills so that we can glorify God with these skills. As a result,
- We see the need of developing the next generation of Christian musicians who will serve the Lord with gladness in the local church. We are currently offering classes for worship leaders, piano or keyboard players and drum players with the sole purpose of improving the worship.
- We will publish music and materials for congregation and small groups with more limited resources. We will serve as a resource center for smaller congregations. We are committed to train musicians for other churches in order that they may serve their own church better.
- We will concentrate our effort to translate and compose new songs for use in the worship services so that the need for new and more updated materials may be fulfilled.
- We will work closely with pastors of different churches to achieve a worship that takes into consideration the worship tradition of the church and sensitive to the denominational needs.
- We will record and publish CDs and tapes of worship concerts for the congregation to use in their personal worship.
- We will organize workshops and short-term (one to two weeks) summer training camps to train worship leaders and church musicians. We will also work with individual churches to expand their worship ministry as needs arise.
- We will develop a Manual which details our worship philosophy and practical ways to achieve those objectives. Topics will include:
- How to design a successful worship as a worship leader.
- How to organize the songs into one coherent theme.
- How to master musical skills such as composition, transitions, modulations, and orchestration pertinent to a smooth worship.
- How to work with your pastors.
- How to work with volunteers and musicians.